Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fall


I really love this time of year.  Normally I am sad to see summer go, but since this year had such weird weather at the coast (I live in Oceanside) I am more excited than ever for fall.  Cliche I know, but I like when the very few trees with leaves change color, the nights get brisk, and the chances of me seeing a sunrise are a lot greater.

Have you ever seen the Tom Hanks Meg Ryan movie "You've Got Mail"?  It's one of my all time favorites and it shows the seasons so well.  Not in a pushy or even artistic way, but it's always made me want to live somewhere else for a while to experience those seasons in a big city.  Of course, visiting NYC as often as I do, I guess I get it a little.  Let's not talk about how that movie ends though, being the small independent store we are  : /

So although this picture is on our homepage, I just like it so much I'm posting it here too!  When I walk by the front door at work and I peer in, it just says "Fall is arriving!  A new season for a new start..."



By Tracy Kinnaman

1 comment:

La Vigne said...

Beautiful table setting