Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm not ready to "Fall Back"

So we've had the time change... the old saying "Spring Forward & Fall Back" is all in the past until the next 2 seasons roll around again.

I went camping this last weekend in Yosemite. The intermittent fall colored leaves among the sturdy oaks and pines gave off a sparkling excitement in me as I rode my bike around the great valley. The wind picked up and sent the autumn leaves billowing in our path, and there was nothing I could do to keep from feeling giddy like a child, putting my hands out trying to catch them as I raced around on a red rent-a-bicycle.

Unfortunately we dropped the camera into lower Yosemite falls on our day of arrival (don't ask me, I didn't do it) and so any photos I took were at the mercy of my lowly cell phone. This one was a big pretty leaf- I couldn't help but hold it up to the waterfall and take a picture of it : )

But the point being... I'm definitely ready for fall weather, even though I was not wanting the inevitable time change. But I'm not quite ready for the holidays. I want to enjoy the transition, and I just heard next week is supposed to be 87 degrees in Fallbrook!

Why am I surprised? It's like this every year. Thanksgiving is always pretty warm, and I've laid out for a suntan during my Christmas break, it's just Southern California living. So what's the rush this year for Christmas? I know big retailers are already putting out their stuff, in fact a long time ago I noted it...the little store in Yosemite was all decorated for Christmas, and I thought to myself, "Didn't I just dress up for Halloween?"

Ah well, soon the term Christmas in July will no longer be a special event, but rather the norm.
I've made a pact with myself to try and slow down and enjoy the seasons, and I reveled in the falling leaves of Yosemite.

Today we opened a box of new Organic Drinking Chocolate. It was red and green and I can't lie, it made me feel cheery : )

Christmas, here we come....
By Tracy Kinnaman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new "Happy Hour"promo.
It was really fun to get some great
deals and hang out with you gals.
I look forward to the next one...all your merchandise is great, so I have my eye on several things!